Permanent / Full Time
To be responsible for day to day Finance functions at site, working with the Site Director to control costs and develop reporting of robust and timely management information.
- Verification of accurate weekly stock valuation.
- Weekly accounts preparation and analysis, including presentation at the weekly P&L review.
- Review and approval of payment runs and staff payroll.
- Resolving queries from invoicing, departmental managers, division and group.
- Preparation and review of the management accounts.
- Completion of monthly Group returns to Divisional Financial Controller.
- Tracking and control of capex projects
- Review and input into Product Costings for new products.
- Continued development of the sites financial systems including NAV.
- Verification and challenge of existing product costings and margins.
- Working with NPD, Commercial and Operational Managers to develop and improve business, customer and product performance reporting.
- Supporting the operational and commercial teams with relevant information to understand and improve performance.
- Verification of savings made by changes in factory process.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts including analysis of major movements.
- Main Point of contact at site for both internal and external audit.
- Challenge of costs throughout the P&L, in particular overhead related spend across the site.
- Year-end work; including tax.
- Challenging other departmental managers on cost control and value for money.
- Ensuring group policies are being adhered to.
- Other tasks as required.
- Fully Qualified accountant.
- Extensive hands on experience in all areas of accounts preparation – financial and management accounts.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations.
- Proactive to help drive forward the business.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to manage and develop the Finance team.
- Strong character and comfortable with challenging other departmental managers.
- Excellent time management skills – able to meet tight deadlines individually and as a department.
- Experience of working cross functionally with the ability to explain financial impacts and issues to non-financial staff, and influence decision making.
- Not afraid to make unpopular decision – which are in the best interests of the company.
- Not afraid to challenge accepted practices in order to verify/improve business performance.
If you are interested and would like to apply please send your C.V. and cover letter, explaining why you are suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org (HR Manager) by Friday 30th June 2017.